Mario Badescu Who?

So my first statement would sound a bit arrogant but here it goes: I'd like to think that I have/had good skin.  I went through the problematic puberty stage without having acne and breakouts.  Occasionally, I'd get one small zit when it's the time of the month but 95% of the time my skin is clear, not oily, and with small pores.  I guess I also owe it to my genes because both my parents have really good skin.  Yes, I "was" lucky. WAS.  Unfortunately, year 2010 (that was late last year), my skin started to change.  It became a bit oilier on the t-zone and worse, I developed four to five zits every month even when I didn't have my period.  I was really freaking out because I never had huge pimples on my cheeks!  Before when I would have that occasional zit, it would be one tiny red dot on my forehead, nose, of chin, but NEVER on my cheeks! NEVER!

This really really bothered me.  So I went to the dermatologist (for the first time in my life) but she would just tell me it's hormonal or stress-related and that I shouldn't panic because it's really a mild breakout.  She also gave me some topical medicine but it didn't work for me.  I felt really ugly having these zits and red scars and for me it was a drastic change from being used to having clear skin.  So I researched on products that might help me and I came across MARIO BADESCU.  (This was after trying Clinique, Garnier, etc.) At first I was like, Mario Badescu who??  The brand is not that popular Philippines probably because it's not heavy on marketing but I did hear a couple of good reviews about it.  So I went to Rustans Essenses to look for Mario Badescu products and decided to give them a try.  

The recommended zit-zapper is the MARIO BADESCU DRYING LOTION.  It's a small bottle of solution with light pink creamy bottom and alcohol-like top layer.  It looked and smelled very "medicinal" and I was convinced to shell out P1045 for a small 29ml bottle.  Geez my wallet almost fainted! ☹ Yeah it is very expensive for a pimple treatment when you think about it but I was hoping it would be worth it.  Thank God they had freebies too.  Oh, and as if my wallet wasn't already complaining, I also purchased the MARIO BADESCU CORRECTIVE COMPLEX EMULSION for P1245! Of course I wanted something for my acne scars as well so there goes my moolah!

My Mario Badescu Corrective Complex Emulsion (right most) and the freebies in sample sizes

The verdict?  MARIO BADESCU DRYING LOTION did improve the state of my giant zit after two days.  The stubborn zit did not disappear magically like how others described it, but definitely improved and healed faster (2-3 days) than when I used my derma meds.  It did sting a little bit as soon as the pink stuff touched my pimple but it only lasted for about 5 seconds and was tolerable.  Since I use it before going to bed, I just have to wait for it to dry for about 10-15 minutes to make sure it doesn't just transfer to my pillow.  Basically, it's easy to use and you can feel that it's really working.  Another good thing about it is that a little goes a long way (you only need to dab a small amount of that pink sediment) so the price wouldn't be an issue anymore.  The only thing I dislike about it is the smell.  It stinks! It smells like strong antibiotics and it really stays until the morning.  Nevertheless, I say it's a pretty efficient product overall and I'm glad I tried it.

The zit-zapper!

Oh and make sure you don't shake the solution! Only use the bottom part.

As for the MARIO BADESCU CORRECTIVE COMPLEX EMULSION, I don't have visible results as of the moment but I like the consistency and I'm glad it doesn't stink.  It doesn't feel oily on my skin (which is very good) and there's no sting too.  I'll do a review after a month to let you guys know.  I also have to try the other freebies in sample sizes.  Who knows, there might be a holy grail product there.  In the meantime, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping it works! ☺    


♥ Mario Badescu convert, 
TFVS