Katsu Yakitori Bar

Whenever you want to party or eat out, The Fort / Bonifacio Global City is always one of the top choice areas.  Why?  Because there are A LOT and I mean A LOT of good restaurants and bars located here.  Personally, I love BGC because there's no traffic, the place is so organized, and I can find everything I want here.  There's the Starbucks drive thru, Mercato Cetrale, the huge Fully Booked, and my favorite restaurants too.  Anyway, to cut to the chase, there's a new place in The Fort Strip which I already tried twice and I think you might like it.  It's KATSU YAKITORI BAR


KATSU opened last May so it's only 2 months old, and is located right beside Amber Ultralounge and Scarlet Lounge at The Fort Strip.  It's perfect for sumptuous dinner before you party, maybe a midnight snack after your night out, or just a quiet date with your special someone.  The first thing I noticed with Katsu even before getting inside is it's cool exterior and architecture.  The one-story restaurant has wooden walls and flooring (looks like Japanese bamboo).  It has an open air deck or patio in front for smoking guests and for those who want to enjoy al fresco dining.  The exterior looks very appealing to me.  Then upon entering, I also liked the interiors and ambiance.  The lighting is good, furniture is modern, and the place looks nice overall.  The ambiance would make you think it's an expensive restaurant BUT it really isn't. That is one of the best things about Katsu -  the food is very very affordable.  I wouldn't say "cheap" because it connotes something derogatory, but for the quality of food they have, yeah it's affordable (good value for money).  And because I came back twice, the food was obviously satisfactory! I'm not jumping up and down after eating (yeah I do after Antonio's and Aubergine haha!) but the serving is big and they are tasty enough for me the Jap-lover.  If you want to enjoy decent Japanese food, Katsu won't fail you.

So what was on the table?  We tried the Dynamite Roll which had salmon skin, scallions, and cream cheese topped with spicy salmon, Aspara-Bacon Maki which was basically asparagus wrapped in bacon Yakitori with sauce,  the California Roll which is an all time personal favorite, the Agedashi Tofu Steak, our Japanese resto staple Gyoza, and my Katsu favorite Spicy Tuna Roll with Kani.  All dishes had subtle yet authentic Japanese flavor and were yummy.  I wish the Tofu Steak was a little bit saltier though but all the rolls were good.  For those who want simple Japanese dining but in a more upscale environment, this is the place for you.☺

Dynamite Roll (P245)

Aspara-bacon Maki (P85 for 2 pcs)

California Roll (P225)

Agedashi Tofu Steak

Gyoza

Spicy Tuna Roll with Kani


Katsu
Unit E Fort Entertainment Center, 5th Avenue, corner 26th Street
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Tel. 846-1715, 846-2649, 552-21650
e-mail: barcraftconcept@ymail.com