Jelly On Your Hair

I change my shampoo every two months because one, I easily get bored with scents and two, I heard it's healthier for your scalp and hair if you don't just stick to one brand.  So, last May, I tried out L'OREAL PARIS RE-NUTRITION SHAMPOO and L'OREAL PARIS RE-NUTRITION CONDITIONER.  Because I have dry treated hair, I thought these were perfect for me.  I also wanted to try ROYAL JELLY because I heard a lot of good things about it. Royal Jelly is actually honey bee secretion and is popularly used as dietary supplements because it has vitamin B-complex, proteins, amino acids, and minerals.  Sounds like my hair's gonna be really healthy right?  ☺


 

At first glance, the orange and white packaging looks appealing and fresh.  Orangey-yellow matches the royal jelly I guess haha! I wanted to use it right away!  Although the scent is not fruity (I love fruity products), it was mild and it kinda smelled like honey so it's good.  I like the soft creamy consistency that feels silky even on the hands.  So... what did the jelly finally do to my hair?

The L'OREAL PARIS RE-NUTRITION SHAMPOO was a sweetheart and it was impossible for me not to fall in love with it.  It kept my hair so soft, smooth, and shiny and I just couldn't stop massaging my scalp and hair with the creamy lather every time I take a bath.  It smelled good and felt good without the greasy icky oiliness which some moisturizing shampoos have.  It definitely moisturized my hair from the roots to the tips and I did feel that my hair became healthy and more manageable.  I love it!  As for the L'OREAL PARIS RE-NUTRITION CONDITIONER, it's pretty much the same as the shampoo.  Scent was mild and honey-like, and it was soft and smooth to use.  My problem here though would be it's consistency.  Because my hair is very dry, it needs a more potent and rich conditioner that would really smoothen out my frizz and repair the damage.  Sadly, the conditioner was a little too mild for my coarse and brittle hair.  So, I had to use a creamier conditioner (of a different brand). For girls with moderately dry to good locks however, I do recommend this product.  It still smoothens and conditions well and keeps the hair healthy.  I guess my hair is just really bad nowadays.

Overall, I really liked the L'OREAL's RE-NUTRITION LINE and I'm definitely buying more.  If Winnie the Pooh likes hunny, I like Royal Jelly for my hair. ☺