Snacking at Burgoo

It is quite impossible to miss the bright yellow signage of Burgoo when you walk around the mall looking for a place to eat.  This American resto has already been here for a while and it has become a usual go-to place for burgers and other American staple alongside its competitor, TGIFriday's.  Aside from the good 'ol burgers and steaks, they have huge platters of appetizers, soup, salads, desserts, etc.  Very American catering to the Filipino taste.


So one hot afternoon after watching a fashion show, my friends and I decided to dine in Burgoo again to get a quick snack.  (I don't know how many times I've eaten here already but maybe more than five.)  I decided to order the Supreme Sampler, the Oklahoma Pulled Baby Back Sandwich, and some Dalandan Shake as refreshment.  You're probably thinking those sounded more like lunch or dinner than snacks...well you know me haha! ☺ 

I particularly enjoyed Burgoo's Supreme Sampler.  I've always loved samplers because I want a little of everything.  The Onion rings were crispy and cooked perfectly, the Mozzarella sticks were...well they're my favorite so... the Buffalo wings were yummy, and the Santa Fe spring rolls had great flavor and were extra crisp.  It's a great snack, appetizer, or bar chow slash "pulutan".

Supreme Sampler, Regular (P395) - Large is at P595

Unfortunately, I did not enjoy my burger as much as I enjoyed the Supreme Sampler.  Perhaps I expected a lot because the name Oklahoma Pulled Baby Back Sandwich sounded fantastic! It was not that "bad" but I did wish I just ordered the usual Hamburgoo instead.  It just wasn't tasty and the meat was not juicy and tender. I'm not sure if the meat was overcooked or if they did not use baby back meat to begin with, but the dry and hard texture was really a downfall. Too bad because I was imagining really tender and juicy ribs-like meat in my  sandwich with flavorful sauce. Anyway, at least the coleslaw was good and I had a lot of fries as siding.

Oklahoma Pulled Baby Back Sandwich (P325)

Because it was such a hot day, the hero for me would surprisingly be their Dalandan Shake.  Very very refreshing with just the right amount of sweetness and citrus tanginess.  I wish there was an option to make it bottomless.  That would be perfect especially during the summer.

Dalandan Shake

Overall, I enjoy dining in Burgoo because of the ambiance and the decent American food.  They also have satisfactory customer service.  Not bad for an All-American snack fest.

Snack time over! Ciao! 




You may visit Burgoo at the following branches: Powerplant Mall Rockwell,  Robinsons Galleria,  The Podium, Gateway Mall,  Greenhills Shopping Center,  SM Mall of Asia,  SM Marikina,  SM North The Block, and Tomas Morato.