MUST TRY MONDAYS

Hello readers!  Can you believe it's already August??? Wow!  Next month will start the "ber" months already.  Before we know it, it's Christmas time! Anyway, here's the second installment of Must Try Mondays! Enjoy!


MUST TRY # 1:  SERENITEA

Serenitea Hokkaido and Chicken Chops

There has been a constant battle of which is the delicious milk tea in Manila.  There's Serenitea, Bubble Tea, Cha Time, Happy Lemon, etc.  They started as small specialty shops but now they can be found even in popular malls (which is great so we can easily have access to them).  Milk tea has been a personal favorite, not just a fad, and I would love to drink any from the shops I just mentioned.  However, TFVS's all time favorite would still be Serenitea.  Serenitea's Hokkaido Milk Tea 50% sweetness with pearls to be exact. ♥ It's a comfort drink and I just love the taste - perfectly sweet if I may call it.  I remember there was a time when I bought Serenitea everyday.  Talk about semi addiction. ☺ So if you happen to pass by Serenitea, PLEASE order Hokkaido or Okinawa 50-100% and you'll love it.  Try the chicken chops as well.  Very tasty and perfect match for the milk tea. 


MUST TRY # 2:  CAFE BRETON EXCALIBUR

Cafe Breton Excalibur (P195)

Who hasn't tried Cafe Breton?  I'm sure most of us have at least once.  It's like a go-to place for comforting crepes and fabulous desserts.  Although, even if their sweet/dessert crepes are more popular, TFVS personally loves their savory crepes.  My favorite would be the Excalibur which has ham, emmental cheese, asparagus spears, sauteed in onions and mushrooms.  Really mouth watering!  It's perfect as a snack or a light dinner when you're on a diet. Oh and check out the X asparagus haha! ☺


MUST TRY # 3:  CRAZY COMBO = LAYS BARBECUE + VANILLA ICE CREAM

CRAZY COMBO: Lays Barbecue + Vanilla Ice cream

Okay, I have to warn you, TFVS is very fond of crazy combos.  I dip my fries in bbq sauce, I put ketchup in mostly anything, so don't find it weird.  Trust me though because I vouch for the yumminess.  Anyway, as I was watching a UAAP game on TV one weekend, I decided to eat my Lays Bbq with vanilla ice cream.  I just put some of the chips on top or I eat it alternately.  Surprisingly, the contrasting flavors were perfect!  The sweetness of the vanilla mdae the bbq flavor even stronger and the bbq flavor made the sweetness even lovelier.  Perfect contrast that creates a yummy combo! If you're adventurous, try it! ☺

All photos are taken with my iPhone


It's been raining all week so keep yourself dry!  ☂ Have a good week TFVS readers!  ♥